Going Green – Apartment Lilly Lienz
We aim to do our small part for a cleaner, greener and more sustainable world. Every little bit helps.
- Our house has been fitted with a 10cm external thermal wall insulation cladding. This greatly reduces heat loss and energy bills keeping the house warm in winter and cool in summer.
- When purchasing supplies, services and goods, we strive to use local suppliers in Lienz to support the community we live in.
- We recycle all plastic, paper, glass, metal and general waste.
- Non-toxic organic cleaning products are chosen whenever possible!
- All new lighting is LED and energy efficient, and we plan to replace all lights with energy efficient LED’s going forwards in the future.
- Where possible, outdoor, corridor and bedroom lights are run on light/energy saving sensory controls.
- In 2022 we installed the latest standard A++ brand-new triple glazed windows and doors throughout the house. Along with improved sound insulation the new windows are estimated to save between 20-40% in energy/heating costs.
- Also new in 2022 is a brand-new heating and hot water system. We exchanged our previous oil heating system for a biomass wood pellet boiler made in Austria with the ‘cleanEfficiency’ label. The label stands for the lowest emission values, highest efficiency and best economy for a renewable energy heating system.
- Solar panels on the roof are planned for the future meaning we will be able to generate our own energy using East Tyrolean sunshine!